What is the Mustache Dache™?
The Mustache Dache™ is the nation’s premier mustache-themed running series! Men, women and children are all invited to embrace their inner Mario or Luigi and participate in this slightly irreverent 5k. Taking place during the month of November, the national series helps Movember, the global men’s health charity, combat prostate and testicular cancer. All participants receive a t-shirt and mustache finisher’s medal, plus access to the post-race festivities, with photo booth, costume contest, food, and plenty more.
What does the Mustache Dache™ support?
All Mustache Dache events financially support the Movember Foundation, the leading global organization committed to changing the face of men’s health. They achieve this by challenging men to grow moustaches during Movember (the month formerly known as November) to spark conversation and raise funds for prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems.
The Movember community has raised over $550 million to date and funded over 800 programs in 21 countries. This work is saving and improving the lives of men affected by prostate cancer, testicular cancer and mental health problems. Details about the over 800 programs that Movember has funded can be found here.
Movember is committed to utmost transparency and accountability. They are an IRS registered 501(c)(3) charity and an accredited charity with the Better Business Bureau and have earned Gold Participant status with GuideStar.
Further, detailed financial information about their financials, including their annual report and IRS Form 990, can be found on the Movember website.
Read more here about the Mustache Dache’s support of Movember.
Mustache Guidelines for Men
Hey, man. You’re doing it! Growing a mustache. Miracle of nature. Rock on. A few things to keep in mind:
- There will be a sweet (but not too serious) mustache contest at the Mustache Dache™ (also, a costume contest, just to keep things lively). Crowd-pleasers, take note.
- According to Movember rules, Mo Bros should start November 1st clean-shaven. If you opt to not participate in Movember, totally cool if you decide to start ahead of time with your ‘stache cultivation.
- Take pictures of your mustache as it grows and post to our facebook page! We totally dig seeing the MD’ers and keeps us excited about our own mustaches.
- Be sure to tell those who inquire about your mustache why you’re doing it: The Mustache Dache™ and men’s health. Definitely refer them to Movember.
Please refer to our handy mustache-growing guide for more pointers.
Mustache Guidelines for Women and Children
Hey, ladies and youngsters! While hair may not sprout naturally from the borderlands between your upper lip and nose, that’s no reason that you can’t rock a mustache. There are several options available for you to stay unified with your more hairy brethren:
- Take advantage of our free on-site face painters!
- Pick one up before-hand at local purveyor of fine goods Archie McPhee
- Shop online for some high-qualify mustachery
Whatever route you choose, just be sure to be rockin’ a ‘stache!