What is the Mustache Dache™?
The Mustache Dache™ is the nation’s premier mustache-themed running series! Men, women and children are all invited to embrace their inner Mario or Luigi and participate in this slightly irreverent 5k. Taking place during the month of November, the national series helps Movember, the global men’s health charity, combat prostate and testicular cancer. All participants receive a t-shirt and mustache finisher’s medal, plus access to the Mustache Bash post-race party, with photo booth, costume contest, food trucks, and plenty more.
What does the Mustache Dache™ support?
All Mustache Dache™ events financially support Movember, the international men’s health charity, which aims to forever change the face of men’s health through the power of the moustache, by raising vital awareness and funds for men’s health issues to combat prostate and testicular cancer and mental health challenges. Globally, our programs are focused on awareness and education, living with and beyond cancer, staying mentally healthy, living with and beyond mental illness and research to achieve our vision of an everlasting impact on the face of men’s health. Since 2003, 3 million participants have raised over $444MM for the cause, funding 550 programs globally, with official Movember campaigns taking place in 21 countries. Movember is fully accredited by the Better Business Bureau, and for the past two years, has been named a Top 100 best NGO by The Global Journal. For more information please visit www.movember.com. Movember is a registered 501(c)(3) charity.
Mustache Guidelines for Men
Hey, man. You’re doing it! Growing a mustache. Miracle of nature. Rock on. A few things to keep in mind:
- There will be a sweet (but not too serious) mustache contest at the Mustache Dache™ (also, a costume contest, just to keep things lively). Crowd-pleasers, take note.
- According to Movember rules, Mo Bros should start November 1st clean-shaven. If you opt to not participate in Movember, totally cool if you decide to start ahead of time with your ‘stache cultivation.
- Take pictures of your mustache as it grows and post to our facebook page! We totally dig seeing the MD’ers and keeps us excited about our own mustaches.
- Be sure to tell those who inquire about your mustache why you’re doing it: The Mustache Dache™ and men’s health. Definitely refer them to Movember.
Please refer to our handy mustache-growing guide for more pointers.
Mustache Guidelines for Women and Children
Hey, ladies and youngsters! While hair may not sprout naturally from the borderlands between your upper lip and nose, that’s no reason that you can’t rock a mustache. There are several options available for you to stay unified with your more hairy brethren:
- Take advantage of our free on-site face painters!
- Pick one up before-hand at local purveyor of fine goods Archie McPhee
- Shop online for some high-qualify mustachery
Whatever route you choose, just be sure to be rockin’ a ‘stache!
Due to the upfront nature of event costs, we cannot offer refunds, or deferrals. Make sure that you are good to go when you sign up!
However, we can transfer your entry from one city to another, or convert your entry from team to individual and vice versa. So for example, if you registered for Seattle, but wanted to do the Portland event, we can transfer your entry for a $5 transfer fee. Likewise, if you registered as an individual, but wanted to switch to a team, we can transfer your entry for a $5 fee. Please contact us to do so.