What is the Mustache Dache®?
The Mustache Dache® is the nation's premier mustache-themed running race series! Men, women and children are all invited to embrace their inner Mario or Luigi and participate in this slightly irreverent 5K event. Taking place in or around the month of November, the national series helps The Movember Foundation, a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. All participants receive a t-shirt and mustache finisher's medal, plus access to the post-race festivities, with photo booth, costume contest, food, and plenty more.
Get ready to dial up your style about three notches once you feast your eyes on the 2016 Mustache Dache® shirt. It's a gender-specific, super-soft piece of sweet shirt style. In other words, you'll probably like it.
Please note that shirts can only be picked up in person at packet pickup or race day. We do not mail out shirts afterwards or hold them. No exceptions!
All participants, including participants in the Kid's Dache, receive a super sweet mustache finisher's medal! It's not ready yet, but when it is, you can bet your socks that we'll post a preview right here.
Want to escape the lines? Come to pre-race packet pickup. Simple as that. Things can get a little crazy on race day.
Can I pick up my entire team's packets and/or friends' packets?
YES! We encourage each participant to collect packets for either their entire team or for a friend. It'll make race day much easier if you've already collected your packets and shirts! Packet pick-up details will be available at least 2 weeks prior to race day.
Results will be available as soon as possible after the race and will be posted here once available.
Karma is a five letter word. So if you hate running, volunteering is the way to go. Go here for Mustache Dache® volunteering details at each location.
Race day schedule will be posted two weeks prior to race day. Check Mustache Dache ® race location details here!
What to Bring
- A mustache!
- Running shoes
- Running clothes
- Fresh and styling costume
- Photo ID
- Cash or credit card for merchandise
- A healthy sense of irreverence
What not to bring....our four legged canine friends, aka Canis lupus familiaris, the dog. Unfortunately, the insurance we use for the Mustache Dache® does not allow for dogs to participate in the run. However, dogs are welcome to come and spectate!
Prizes and Whatnot
As the ancient Greeks, we elect to recognize the fleetest of foot amongst our rapscallion hordes. Prizes will be given to the top 3 finishers in the following age groups: • No Mustache Growers (12 & Under) • Angst-filled (13-17) • "Mature" (18-39) • Mid-Life Crisis (40-59) • AARPwesome (60+)
We will also recognize the best costumes that display the finest in sartorial harmony, and finally, we will recognize the teams with the best "team spirit", which is a completely subjective and utterly biased judgement by East German Olympic judges from the '88 Olympics. And of course, the best mustaches will be recognized as well!
Due to the upfront nature of event costs, we have a uniform policy of no refunds, transfers or deferrals to a future year. We know that plans change and unexpected things come up, but we feel it is most fair to apply a uniform policy to all, instead of an arbitrary line of who merits a refund and who doesn't. Thank you for your understanding. Make sure that you are good to go when you sign up!
Why Mustache Dache®?
The Mustache Dache® isn't all fun and games. Or, more accurately, it is pretty much all fun and games — but with an express purpose in mind: raising funds and awareness for men's health. The Mustache Dache® proudly supports The Movember Foundation, a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. The Mustache Dache® itself is not a non-profit, but through Movember, our charity partner, we support the following goals:
- Raise awareness of prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health
- Encourage healthy behaviors among all segments of the population
- Amplify the efforts of Movember among Mustache Dache® participants
Click here to learn more about The Movember Foundation and their mission to end prostate cancer.
Take a minute to review some of the health facts below to see why we feel that supporting men's health initiatives are so important:
- On average, across the world, life expectancy for men is 6 years less than women
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the US.
- Risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer increases with age
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15-34 in the US.
- The number of cases expected to almost double to 1.7 million cases by 2030.
- Around 1 in 4 adults in the US will experience a mental health problem in a given year.
- Around 15 million American adults (6.7% of the population) are diagnosed with depression each year
- Moreover, poor mental health affects men more than women: three quarters of suicides are by men. The World Health Organization estimates that 510,000 men die from suicide globally each year. That’s one every minute.
- Simply put, men are dying too young.
We accomplish these three goals listed above in the following ways:
- The Mustache Dache® becomes a platform and a voice for men's health; by focusing the efforts of so many mustaches, we can accomplish much more; no mustache grows alone!
- The Mustache Dache® is a great way to be more active. The event is non-competitive and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get started in running with the Mustache Dache®!
- Out of every entry fee, a portion is donated to The Movember Foundation, and Mustache Dache® participants are encouraged to take the extra step by making an additional donation during registration and getting more involved in their local communities to raise awareness for men's health issues.
Please contact us with any concerns, questions, or inquiries.
If you would like to volunteer for a Mustache Dache® event please click the volunteer link at the top of this page or email email@example.com with your name, contact information and which city you would like to volunteer for. We will make sure you get connected with the appropriate contact.