Why Mustache Dache?
The Mustache Dache isn’t all fun and games. Or, more accurately, it is pretty much all fun and games–but with an express purpose in mind; men’s health awareness and ending prostate cancer. This year, the Mustache Dache is proudly growing the Mo for Movember, a global nonprofit aimed at changing the face of men’s health. Goals for the Mustache Dache include:
- Raise awareness of men’s health issues with a large-scale run/walk event: The Mustache Dache!
- Encourage healthy behaviors among all segments of the population; namely, walking and running
- Contribute to and amplify the efforts of Movember
We accomplish these three goals in the following ways:
- The Mustache Dache becomes a platform and a voice for men’s health; by focusing the efforts of so many mustaches, we can accomplish so much more; no mustache grows alone.
- The Mustache Dache is the ideal way for any man, woman, or child to get started in running. We are 100% non-competitive and 100% silly. Do not mistake us for a “competition”! Get started in running the bristly way, the Mustache Dache way.
- Direct funds to Movember and it’s beneficiaries (Lance Armstrong Foundation and the Prostate Cancer Foundation) by donating a portion of every entry fee and encouraging Mustache Dache participants to be registered at Movember.com. To learn more about Movember’s visions, goals, and financials, please visit their web site.
Take 246 seconds out of your day to watch this great video, produced by Movember, that explains a bit about the serious side of Movember, and we grow the Mo.
Application of Funds
The Mustache Dache seeks to be transparent in financial reporting so that participants and supporters can feel confident in their support. The Mustache Dache is not a non-profit; consequently, federal taxes are paid. Since the inaugural 2012 Mustache Dache has not occurred yet, all information on financials is projected.
The Mustache Dache, besides encouraging all MD’ers to register at Movember to be a Mo’Bro or Mo’Sista, donates 10% of every registration to Movember, which provides a very detailed look at where that money goes.
We want the Mustache Dache to expand! To do that, we retain a portion of the event proceeds to cover next year’s Mustache Dache and and to fund new Mustache Daches in other cities. In addition, many of the costs involved in event production are upfront, and so to maintain a responsible balance sheet funds are also retained.
Hosting the Mustache Dache is a monumental and team effort for a small group of individuals, both volunteers and paid staff. We work hard to put on a fantastic Dache. Here is a look at some of the expenses involved in the Mustache Dache:
- Chip timing fee
- Marketing fees
- Day of event staff fees
- Volunteer donation
- Website design and graphic design fee
- Event rental fees
- Venue costs
- Legal costs
- Event insurance
- Website hosting
- Disposable event equipment (food, bib numbers, course marking, etc)
Please contact us with any concerns, questions, or inquiries.