Why Mustache Dache®?
The Mustache Dache® isn't all fun and games. Or, more accurately, it is pretty much all fun and games — but with an express purpose in mind: raising funds and awareness for men's health. The Mustache Dache® proudly supports The Movember Foundation, a global charity committed to men living happier, healthier, longer lives. The Mustache Dache® itself is not a non-profit, but through Movember, our charity partner, we support the following goals:
- Raise awareness of prostate cancer, testicular cancer and men’s mental health
- Encourage healthy behaviors among all segments of the population
- Amplify the efforts of Movember among Mustache Dache® participants
Click here to learn more about The Movember Foundation and their mission to end prostate cancer.
Take a minute to review some of the health facts below to see why we feel that supporting men's health initiatives are so important:
- On average, across the world, life expectancy for men is 6 years less than women
- 1 in 2 men will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime.
- 1 in 7 men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer in his lifetime.
- Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer in men in the US.
- Risk of being diagnosed with prostate cancer increases with age
- Testicular cancer is the most common cancer in young men aged 15-34 in the US.
- The number of cases expected to almost double to 1.7 million cases by 2030.
- Around 1 in 4 adults in the US will experience a mental health problem in a given year.
- Around 15 million American adults (6.7% of the population) are diagnosed with depression each year
- Moreover, poor mental health affects men more than women: three quarters of suicides are by men. The World Health Organization estimates that 510,000 men die from suicide globally each year. That’s one every minute.
- Simply put, men are dying too young.
We accomplish these three goals listed above in the following ways:
- The Mustache Dache® becomes a platform and a voice for men's health; by focusing the efforts of so many mustaches, we can accomplish much more; no mustache grows alone!
- The Mustache Dache® is a great way to be more active. The event is non-competitive and doesn't take itself too seriously. Get started in running with the Mustache Dache®!
- Out of every entry fee, a portion is donated to The Movember Foundation, and Mustache Dache® participants are encouraged to take the extra step by making an additional donation during registration and getting more involved in their local communities to raise awareness for men's health issues.
Please contact us with any concerns, questions, or inquiries.
If you would like to volunteer for a Mustache Dache® event please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact information and which city you would like to volunteer for. We will make sure you get connected with the appropriate contact.